Monday we told you about Women for Goddard, the group of community activists who are mobilizing women to vote for Terry Goddard. We told you that Terry Goddard is the candidate for women in Arizona. Here is more information that women should know about Jan Brewer.
1. Jan Brewer opposes responsible sex education, and continues to put students at risk by applying for federal funding to promote ineffective abstinence-only-until-marriage in Arizona schools. Arizona has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the country, which makes it very clear that abstinence-only isn’t working.
2. Throughout her career, Jan Brewer has built a strong reputation and a consistent track record of opposing abortion.
3. As a member of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, Jan Brewer prevented medical students from accessing abortion training at the county hospital.
4. Arizona’s Omnibus Abortion Bill, passed and signed into law by Jan Brewer last year put into place multiple restrictions on a woman’s right to make her own health decisions. Jan Brewer said, “In one swift signature it was all delivered, we protected women.”
5. This year, Jan Brewer signed Senate Bill 1309 into law, which requires written parental consent before a minor can receive any classroom instruction that may mention sexuality in any way, including biology. Continue reading