- Women with children have more abortions than anyone else, and by an increasingly wide margin. So why is the topic taboo? (Slate Double X)
- If you couldn’t tell from recent events, in America, women’s lives are expendable. (The Hill)
- GOP presidential candidate, Rick Santorum, is a staunch opponent of birth control and asserts that contraception is a “license to do things.” “Things” that have absolutely nothing to do with him and are none of his damn business, but that’s of no consequence to him you see. In any case, this idiotic statement confirms that Ricky doesn’t want you women having a license to “do things” in the privacy of your own bedrooms that won’t lead to serious consequences like pregnancy! Why should you have that kind of freedom? Where do you think you are, America??? (RH Reality Check)
- In other, “Rick Santorum likes to speak out of his rectum” news, the birth control adversary recently argued that Republicans should work to lessen single motherhood in order to score political points against their Democratic rivals. You see, single mothers who run households, in Ricky’s opinion, have “a desire for government,” and thus, often vote Democrat. So let’s see if we have this straight: This dunce wants to lessen single motherhood and eliminate birth control because it gives women a “license to do things”? Mmmkay then. How exactly would you lessen single motherhood if you took away birth control? Don’t these goals wildly contradict one another? This guy is in no danger of being recruited by MENSA anytime soon, is he? (Feministing)
- Planned Parenthood’s stellar leader Cecile Richards opines on how parents are falling short with the “sex talk.” (Time)
- Can Herman Cain Be Pro-Life but Pro-Choice? Sorry Mr. Pizza Godfather, but no. (Slate Double X)
- What is Mitt Romney’s real stance on women’s health? Due to his incessant flip-flopping, your guess is as good as ours. (Planned Parenthood)
- Ten questions for anti-choice candidates who want to make abortion illegal. The first being, how much hard time should a woman do for terminating a pregnancy? I’d like to see if we could get an answer to that humdinger at the next GOP debate. (Ms. Magazine)
- Medical science FTW: A vaginal gel developed to reduce a woman’s risk of infection with the AIDS virus also cuts the risk of contracting genital herpes! (NYT)
You’re Invited!Join us for our annual Roe v. Wade luncheon. We have events in Phoenix, Tucson, and Flagstaff. Visit our website for more information and to purchase your ticket.
Why Do You Choose Planned Parenthood?
Kyrsten Sinema explains why she stands with Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona (PPAA) is the non-partisan, political arm of Planned Parenthood in Arizona. PPAA promotes sexual and reproductive health and rights by educating voters, public officials and candidates for office.
For more info, visit www.advocatesaz.org.
- Please Follow Us to Our New Home on the Internet!
- Abstinence-Only Education Gives Birth to Arizona’s High Teen Pregnancy Rate
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona Needs YOU at the Capitol Tomorrow Morning!
- Over 90 Percent of What Planned Parenthood Does: Part 2, Condoms
- Pro-Choice Friday News Rundown
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (3)
- July 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (8)
- May 2011 (7)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (9)
- February 2011 (12)
- January 2011 (13)
- December 2010 (6)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (22)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (7)
- March 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (1)
- November 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (2)