- Brace yourself for this piece of shocking news: Abortion Rises Among Low-Income Women, Falls In Other Groups. In other words, people who generally can’t afford or gain access to affordable contraception also can’t afford to have children — so they aren’t. (Guttmacher)
- Ignorant Legislator Says Women Should Plan For Post-Rape Abortion, Since “I Have A Spare Tire.” Equating keeping a spare tire with preparing for the possibility of impregnation by rape = logic and sensitivity FAIL of titanic proportions. (Jezebel)
- Illinois Sex Ed Law Requiring Teachers to Talk Contraception Passes Senate (Huff Po)
- Totally ignoring the fact that sometimes, abortions are life-saving procedures, the House approved an amendment that defunds medical schools that teach abortion. (Daily Kos)
- For instance, abortion saved this woman’s life. Read her story. (Salon)
- Get pregnant in the military as a result of a rape and need an abortion? Military health insurance doesn’t cover abortion, even in cases of rape. (AP)
- Planned Parenthood and the ACLU: Takin’ no prisoners in South Dakota. (RH Reality Check)
- Some wingnut in Wisconsin (with a gun!!!!) had big plans to “lay out abortionists because they are killing babies” at a Madison Planned Parenthood (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
You’re Invited!Join us for our annual Roe v. Wade luncheon. We have events in Phoenix, Tucson, and Flagstaff. Visit our website for more information and to purchase your ticket.
Why Do You Choose Planned Parenthood?
Kyrsten Sinema explains why she stands with Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona (PPAA) is the non-partisan, political arm of Planned Parenthood in Arizona. PPAA promotes sexual and reproductive health and rights by educating voters, public officials and candidates for office.
For more info, visit www.advocatesaz.org.
- Please Follow Us to Our New Home on the Internet!
- Abstinence-Only Education Gives Birth to Arizona’s High Teen Pregnancy Rate
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona Needs YOU at the Capitol Tomorrow Morning!
- Over 90 Percent of What Planned Parenthood Does: Part 2, Condoms
- Pro-Choice Friday News Rundown
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (3)
- July 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (8)
- May 2011 (7)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (9)
- February 2011 (12)
- January 2011 (13)
- December 2010 (6)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (22)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (7)
- March 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (1)
- November 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (2)