- Our beloved Arizona: the home sweet home of flagrantly anti-choice politicians. This time it’s Congressman Trent Franks who states that Planned Parenthood “kills children for profit”. Hmm…we’re a non-profit organization the last time we checked and if he’s talking about allowing a woman to terminate a pregnancy, that’s been the law of the land for nearly 40 years. I can appreciate his newfound concern for the health of “children” though. That’s progress right? (Political Correction)
- More AZ stupidity courtesy of Jan Brewer (RH Reality Check)
- It’s odd how these anti-choice billboards never say things like “Every 21 minutes, our next possible career felon is aborted.” Cause statistically speaking, the odds of your average American becoming President are likely 25 million to one while the prison population grows exponentially with every new generation. Food for thought anti-choicers! (Jezebel)
- Family planning organizations abroad also under threat from U.S. Republicans (Guardian)
- Surprise! Teen Pregnancy is Really Expensive for Taxpayers (Free Times)
- Nebraska Denies Prenatal Care to Undocumented Women. Translation: They’re only “pro-life” and concerned with the well-being of a fetus if it’s Mommy is a U.S. citizen (Mother Jones)
- Teenage Fatherhood Stunts Educational Development (Red Orbit)
- Former PA senator and anti-choice zealot, Rick Santorum, says abortion is to blame for social security insolvency woes. ABORTION! Not common sense items like: the failure of our government to tax high income workers a SS tax on ALL of their wages rather than just a small percentage, their failure to limit benefits for wealthy retirees, further limiting the benefits early retirees would receive, etc.. Yeah, none of those things. It’s all the fault of women and their ridiculous right to choose whether or not they give birth! (L.A. Times)
You’re Invited!Join us for our annual Roe v. Wade luncheon. We have events in Phoenix, Tucson, and Flagstaff. Visit our website for more information and to purchase your ticket.
Why Do You Choose Planned Parenthood?
Kyrsten Sinema explains why she stands with Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona (PPAA) is the non-partisan, political arm of Planned Parenthood in Arizona. PPAA promotes sexual and reproductive health and rights by educating voters, public officials and candidates for office.
For more info, visit www.advocatesaz.org.
- Please Follow Us to Our New Home on the Internet!
- Abstinence-Only Education Gives Birth to Arizona’s High Teen Pregnancy Rate
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona Needs YOU at the Capitol Tomorrow Morning!
- Over 90 Percent of What Planned Parenthood Does: Part 2, Condoms
- Pro-Choice Friday News Rundown
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (3)
- July 2011 (1)
- June 2011 (8)
- May 2011 (7)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (9)
- February 2011 (12)
- January 2011 (13)
- December 2010 (6)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (22)
- September 2010 (10)
- August 2010 (7)
- March 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (1)
- November 2009 (1)
- August 2009 (2)